Sunday, March 11, 2007

LaDanian Tomlinson

Well, I finally did it. In all the years I've played fantasy football, I don't think I've ever had the joy of having an elite fantasy RB. I've had some elite WRs and QBs and even TEs, but I don't believe I've ever had one of the top 2 or 3 RBs before. It cost me my #5 pick in the upcoming rookie draft (although having already traded for the #3 pick in the draft, it was not much of a price to pay), and a good chunk of my salary cap for the next few years ($45, $49.50 and $54.50), however, LDT should be well worth it. I just hope that he has at least one more year as an elite back left. The reigns of elite backs like M. Faulk, P. Holmes and S. Alexander have been quite short, and due to the demands at the position, I don't really expect LDTs reign to be too much longer. I just hope that this is finally my year. Fortunately, even if LDT does face injuries as some of these other elite backs have, I already have M. Turner backing him up, so that is some comfort. My other slight worry is the completely new coaching regime. Hopefully, even if the coaching regime is incompetent, LDT can use his skills as he did in his early days in SD to still put up great numbers. This may be the most excited I have been for a fantasy season ever.

No comments: